Friday, March 21, 2008

Animal, Vegetable, Miracle

Jenn's Pick!

Get yourself ready for earth day with this great (true) story about a family living for one year eating only food grown locally. I'm a huge fan of Barbara Kingsolver, ("Prodigal Summer," and "Animal Dreams" are my favorites, but I've read them all,) and this was fun because it was written by her whole family. Her oldest daughter, in her first year at college, wrote essays about the experience, and the younger daughter saved up for a horse selling eggs from her chickens. This book will change the way you think about your food. I've given up bananas and started checking my milk to see where it came from. It's also somehow extremely entertaining.

We have this title in several formats. Book, audiobook, and the MP3 audiobook. I checked out the MP3 version; its read by the authors.

No comments: