Tuesday, June 3, 2008

this lullaby by Sarah Dessen

Jenn's Pick!

I've been meaning to read something by Sarah Dessen for awhile now, since her books are a) never on the shelf and b) always have pretty covers. When I saw a copy of "this lullaby" on the Friends of the Library Book Sale shelves, I figured that was as clear a sign as I was going to get. I liked this lullaby a lot. I liked cranky Remy, who was so busy planning her mother's fifth wedding and breaking up with the latest in a long string of boyfriends that she had no time or interest when goofy Dexter walked up to her and announced they had chemistry. I liked how Remy was always Remy, how she didn't end up getting gushy, how she was mad at herself for buying Dexter silverware. I liked her girlfriends, and how she tells Perfect Paul (another boyfriend) that no, there's no way they can hang out on Girl's Night, that only losers ditch their girl friends for a guy on Girls Night. All in all, I'll read more of Sarah Dessen. Which should I read next? Suggestions as comments greatly appreciated.

No comments: