Monday, April 28, 2008

Dramarama by E. Lockhart

Jenn's Pick!

This is a light, fluffy sort of read--the story of two friends friends who set off to drama camp thinking it will change their lives and get them out of their humdrum town. The plan works for Desi, but not so much for Sayde.

I wasn't a Drama Person, in my teen years. I was just barely cool enough to be a part time Band Person, if you see what I'm saying. So I can't really speak to the Drama Camp experience in this book, whether it's realistic or overdone or just plain weird. It was believable enough for me to finish the book.

I've read some folks that were unhappy with the ending of this book. They thought Sayde gave up everything that made her unique and sparkly and fantastic. At the end of the book, I was pretty pleased with Sayde. I thought she was coming to grips with how friendships change over time, and how even your dreams of the future change over time, and she was learning about what kind of fantastic she'd be next. Could go either way. If you've read this one, chime in and tell me what you think. Did Sayde change for the better, or for the worse?

No comments: