Monday, November 26, 2007

Jenn's Picks!

The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman -- If you haven't read this one yet, be sure to check it out before the movie comes out the first week in December. Don't be fooled by the fact that the main characters are kind of young, or that the animals talk. This is a complicated world, and a dark story overall. The other two books in the trilogy are The Subtle Knife and The Amber Spyglass.
Peeps by Scott Westerfeld -- Another delightfully weird Scott Westerfeld novel. Vampirism as a parasitic disease, great SW characters, and wacky, witty dialog. Sure, I'll read the next one. These are fun.
Zigzag by Ellen Wittlinger -- I had picked this one up when it caught my eye on the teen shelves. A book about a road trip! What's not to love? I read this pretty much in one sitting. At first I thought it would be a slog, since the main character was such a wimp - But she straightened right up, 60 or so pages into the story. I liked the way this one ended. A good read.

No comments: